EVEDON LAKESIDE RETREAT, BUREKUP
Capping off another huge CHAIN REACTION CYCLES WA Gravity Enduro Series, we take you to a brand new venue for some fun on ‘rake’n’ride’ style trails. Plenty of facilities nearby and only a short 1.5hour drive SE from Perth or 30mins from Bunbury Town Centre, this new venue is on private property and will be a fun way to cap off the series.
With huge thanks to Event Management Solutions, this event is also Round 1 of the Shimano Enduro Tour with ENDURO WORLD SERIES QUALIFIER POINTS!
For the riders and the spectators, this event will be huge with licensed area, accommodation and restaurant on-site, this will be a spectacular way to complete WA Gravity Enduro 2019!
Please note for accommodation logistics and limitiations, Evedon Apartments may prioritise two-night stays.
Shimano Enduro Tour Round 1
Enduro World Series Qualifier
Sunday, 13th Oct 2019
Practice – Sat, 12th Oct
1.5hr SE Perth
Possible staggered start
Possible staggered start
Main Event 1:30pm
Whippets when ready
Main Event 2:00pm
- ENTRIES LIMITED TO 375 AND MAY SELL OUT PRIOR TO TIMERS EXPIRING.
- DURING LATE REGISTRATION PERIOD, A $15 LATE FEE APPLIES AND LUNCH NOT CATERED FOR.
- AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT AND REGISTER EARLY!
- NEW COMPETITORS TO THIS SERIES CAN COLLECT RACEPLATE AT MORNING CHECKIN
- PLEASE BRING YOUR RACEPLATE IF YOU ARE A RETURNING COMPETITOR TO THIS 2019 SERIES.
WAGE WHIPPETS U13
Our young guns will be setting the pace with their racing to commence before the Main Event. If you are getting in some last minute practice, you must give way to racing Whippets. Failure to do so may result in injuries and a 5 minute time penalty will apply to Main Event competitors . Please move aside and cheer them on! Parents/guardians are welcome to shadow the Whippets and is encouraged for their confidence and safety. Whippets must return to the Centre of Gravity to return wristbands. Presentations will follow as soon as possible with certificates awarded to all and medals awarded to Top 3 competitors. Whippets light lunch is also provided when ready/where available.
SANCTIONED mtba tier 2 event
Tier 2 – 1.00x National Cup Points earned for this event. WA Gravity Enduro has all 7 2019 events registered with the MTBA National Cup system allowing competitors to set their ranking against all Australian MTBA Recognised Events.
You must be signed up to MTBA to be allocated points – registration is free. Head to https://online.mtba.asn.au/SignUp.aspx
Latest Event Information
08/10/2019 Course Map Now available (high resolution PDF available here)
30/09/2019 Parking Map Now available (high resolution PDF available here)
30/09/2019 Accommodation Map Now available (high resolution PDF available here)
02/08/2019 Venue location announcement – Evedon Park Lakeside Retreat! We are very excited to share this awesome location just 30minutes east of Bunbury and 1.5hr drive south of Perth. https://www.evedon.com.au/
- This is private property. Trails can only be ridden for this event.
- Competitors, spectators and all personell accept that there is a risk of damage to property or personal injury as a result of accessing the venue. All due care has been undertaken by Evedon Lakeside Retreat, WA Gravity Enduro, all supporters and affiliates. At no time can owners or event organisers be held liable for loss, damage or injury.
- We are super excited to bring you a challenging 7 stage course taking in many natural elements in the area. Technical trail features may have A and B lines available. Practice is strongly encourages and a fullface helmet and mandatory safety equipment must be used at all times.
- There is ample 2WD and 4WD parking available in designated locations. Follow marshal directions at all times.
- As usual, be respectful to the natural environment and leave no trace. Drive slowly with care as many families, children, competitors and spectators will be enjoying the area.
- Accommodation facilities are available. Existing apartments are available for booking through Evedon Lakeside Retreat. Limited camping options and self-sufficient campertrailers/caravan are also available. You the codeword WAGRAVITYENDURO when making a booking. Once accommodation is fully booked, Evedon Lakeside Retreat cannot accept further bookings. There are many accommodation options just 30mins away in Bunbury.
21/01/2019 Registrations are now open! Head to https://eventplus.net/WAG19
The course map is released on the Monday prior to the event to assist with limiting practice as much as possible to assist with a level playing field. Additionally, this assists with trail sustainability and limits maintenance.
For events at private locations, we will release as soon as possible. For events in public MTB areas, we usually release the Course Map on the Monday before the event weekend.
As usual, the Course Map is the intended race course, but is always subject to changing trail conditions, people flying over-the-bar’s, Act’s of God, Act’s of WAGE, weather conditions and spider-webs.
Evedon Lakeside Retreat, Burekup
We are pumped to bring you another new venue at Evedon Park! Incorporating a tonne of rocky natural features, steep descents, long flowy open areas to pristine bushland, we are setting up a rake’n’ride style course to keep you challenged throughout the event!
We are aiming to leave plenty of opportunities for line choice in and around features to heighten the excitement and let competitors be creative, whilst still staying on the designated course.
Gravity Enduro Mountain Bike Race
Multi-stage race. Timed descents and untimed climbs
Sign-posted and bunted course
Don’t cheat yourself or your mates – stay on track
St John Ambulance on-site
Professional Medical Assistance available
Portable or connected nearby
Great atmosphere, questions answered and supplies
Volunteers and Fund Raising
Perks for vollies and funds donated to the trails
Gift Vouchers and Prizes
Heaps of prizes ready to be won for all
Elite's and Professionals
Cold hard cash for the cream-of-the-crop
Professional Race Timing
We use the best Enduro World Series system
Hydration and Sustenance
Free water and free light meal with Prem. Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter? Easy. Just click on the ‘ENTER NOW’ button located throughtout the website. This will take you to your registration portal. If you are new to the registration portal, a one-time profile will need to be filled out. Returning competitors simply enter their email address, select their event and arrive at the Race Village on race-day to collect your timing chip and raceplate.
How much does it cost? We strive to keep our entry fees as affordable as possible. Entry fees vary based on your category and start from only $29 for the Under 13’s. Insurance selection and location can slightly vary the price, but we try to stay as consistent as possible.
Where is the course map? Gravity Enduro is all about riding the course with little to no knowledge of the course. This helps create a more level playing field and better tests your mountain biking skills. We usually release the course map on the Monday before the weekend’s race.
Do I have to go to race briefing? Yes. Race briefing is mandatory and occurs at the race village 15 minutes before race start. It is essential that you get a full report on the course (and any potential changes), safety requirements and to ensure everyone starts the race from the same location.
Can I shuttle between stages? No. Anyone caught doing so will be automatically disqualified.
I missed registration! We can accept late registration online and on the day plus a $15 surcharge. Places are limited and may not be possible if the event is sold out.
Can I get a refund? From the Monday at 9am before the race weekend, refunds, transfers to other competitors or credits are not possible. Before Monday 9am, yes, we can offer a full refund minus 10% administration fees.