A ripper of a bike park with heaps of facilities and a big dam to play in, the trails here are some of the best in WA where we may be spoiled with another trail offering! Plenty of action at Linga Longa for the riders, will ample parking and camping options also available. MAKE SURE if you are camping, bring extra warm clothes – and when you think you have enough, get some more!
If you would like to shuttle or camp at Linga Longa Bike Park, please head to www.lingalongabikepark.com/tickets to purchase tickets.
MAIN RESULTS LIVE FEED
WHIPPETS RESULTS HERE WHEN READY
ENDURO WORLD SERIES QUALIFIER ROUND!
We are super-excited to host an Enduro World Series Qualifier Round at Linga Longa Bike Park which will be run in conjunction with our Round 3 of the Chain Reaction Cycles WA Gravity Enduro Series!
In order to be eligible to collect EWS Global Ranking points, you must be an EWS Member BEFORE this event. Points will not be assigned retroactively if riders purchase the membership after the race. Riders can now purchase / renew their 2019 memberships here http://www.enduroworldseries.com/ews-entry-overview/ews-membership
Whippets SUN 28/04
Main Race SUN 28/04
Official Practice 27/04
Main Event from 0900
Main Event from 0910
Main Event 1330
Main Event 1345
- ENTRIES LIMITED TO 320 AND MAY SELL OUT PRIOR TO TIMERS EXPIRING.
- DURING LATE REGISTRATION PERIOD, A $15 LATE FEE APPLIES AND LUNCH NOT CATERED FOR.
- AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT AND REGISTER EARLY!
- NEW COMPETITORS TO THIS SERIES CAN COLLECT RACEPLATE AT MORNING CHECKIN
- PLEASE BRING YOUR RACEPLATE IF YOU ARE A RETURNING COMPETITOR TO THIS 2019 SERIES.
WAGE WHIPPETS U13
Our young guns will be setting the pace with their racing to commence before the Main Event. If you are getting in some last minute practice, you must give way to racing Whippets. Failure to do so may result in injuries and a 5 minute time penalty will apply to Main Event competitors . Please move aside and cheer them on! Parents/guardians are welcome to shadow the Whippets and is encouraged for their confidence and safety. Whippets must return to the Centre of Gravity to return wristbands. Presentations will follow as soon as possible with certificates awarded to all and medals awarded to Top 3 competitors. As we are supporting Tasty Edibles Cafe, please head over and make a purchase. WAGE will not be catering this round.
SANCTIONED mtba tier 2 event
Tier 2 – 1.00x National Cup Points earned for this event. WA Gravity Enduro has all 7 2019 events registered with the MTBA National Cup system allowing competitors to set their ranking against all Australian MTBA Recognised Events.
You must be signed up to MTBA to be allocated points – registration is free. Head to https://online.mtba.asn.au/SignUp.aspx
Latest Event Information
24/04/2019 Course Map now available and pre-event video briefing. High resolution available here
20/04/2019 Request a raceplate reprint – closes Wednesday 24th April 2019
15/04/2019 GENERAL INFORMATION UPDATE:
Linga Longa Bike Park general information:
- Linga Longa Bike Park will have shuttles available for practise from Thursday to Saturday which must be purchased at www.lingalongabikepark.com
- If you are attending the venue on Thursday or Friday and wish to practise, shuttle lifts are mandatory. No pushup permitted on Thursday or Friday.
- If you are attending the venue on Saturday, pushups are permitted and shuttle lifts available. Saturday is ONLY for WAGE competitor practise and WAGE raceplates must be visible.
- Shuttles are only provided by Linga Longa Bike Park, therefore no private shuttles or vehicles are permitted to operate.
WA Gravity Enduro general information:
- This event is a once-in-a-year opportunity to have shuttles running for Sunday’s racing event, and at a very affordable price! If you would like shuttles during your race on Sunday (for only $25 with all funds collected going to Linga Longa), they can be purchased during the WA Gravity Enduro Event Registration process. The amount of shuttle lifts will vary depending on your category (for example (and not final), Elite may have to pushup 3 times of their 7 stage race, Expert may have to push up twice, and Sport may have to push up once)).
- $25 is a flat fee from Whippets to Seniors.
- We expect to have just one main race briefing at 9am with course closure at 1:30pm. This will give ample time to complete the course no matter your category or the number of shuttles you do. You are welcome to start your race immediately following race briefing or at anytime thereafter – however, the course will close at 1:30pm. Due to shuttles, a sizeable hill to climb and all stages starting from the same point, we expect queue times to be minimal.
At anytime when riding on course, INSURANCE AND FULL FACE HELMETS ARE MANDATORY. This means on Saturday and Sunday, ONLY WAGE competitors are permitted to ride on course. Furthermore, once your race is completed, competitors are not permitted to shuttle or pushup the hill to ride stages. This ensures competitors have clear runs and competitors who have paid event entry have sufficient access to facilities including St John Ambulance.
11/04/2019 Registrations reopen!!
08/04/2019 Registrations are currently closed while we finalise event format and options. We would also like to support Tasty Edibles Cafe who will be setup at the Race Village. Therefore, no free food option will be available from WA Gravity Enduro.
08/01/2019 Registrations are now open! Head to https://eventplus.net/WAG19
The course map is released on the Monday prior to the event to assist with limiting practice as much as possible to assist with a level playing field. Additionally, this assists with trail sustainability and limits maintenance.
For events at private locations, we will release as soon as possible. For events in public MTB areas, we usually release the Course Map on the Monday before the event weekend.
As usual, the Course Map is the intended race course, but is always subject to changing trail conditions, people flying over-the-bar’s, Act’s of God, Act’s of WAGE, weather conditions and spider-webs.
Linga Longa Mountain Bike Park
The excitement starts to build as you travel a short 20minute drive south of Balingup where rolling hills start to get bigger in anticipation of things to come. As you drive around the last bend, you are warmly greeted to an open hillside with glimpses of massive jumps, towering Pine Trees, a large dam and heaps of mountain biker friendly facilities. Camping areas a-plenty, toilets, showers and an on-site cafe, what more could you want!? Oh, yes, how about shuttles?
The trails are built for Enduro and spectators are well catered for with a heap of easily accessible viewing locations and some great vibes throughout the Race Village. Plenty of yee-har’s, fast descents, switchbacks, technical trail features and jumps galore, this is an event and location that really needs to be on your 2019 bucket list.
Gravity Enduro Mountain Bike Race
Multi-stage race. Timed descents and untimed climbs
Sign-posted and bunted course
Don’t cheat yourself or your mates – stay on track
St John Ambulance on-site
Professional Medical Assistance available
Portable or connected nearby
Great atmosphere, questions answered and supplies
Volunteers and Fund Raising
Perks for vollies and funds donated to the trails
Gift Vouchers and Prizes
Heaps of prizes ready to be won for all
Elite's and Professionals
Cold hard cash for the cream-of-the-crop
Professional Race Timing
We use the best Enduro World Series system
Hydration and Sustenance
Free water and free light meal with Prem. Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter? Easy. Just click on the ‘ENTER NOW’ button located throughtout the website. This will take you to your registration portal. If you are new to the registration portal, a one-time profile will need to be filled out. Returning competitors simply enter their email address, select their event and arrive at the Race Village on race-day to collect your timing chip and raceplate.
How much does it cost? We strive to keep our entry fees as affordable as possible. Entry fees vary based on your category and start from only $29 for the Under 13’s. Insurance selection and location can slightly vary the price, but we try to stay as consistent as possible.
Where is the course map? Gravity Enduro is all about riding the course with little to no knowledge of the course. This helps create a more level playing field and better tests your mountain biking skills. We usually release the course map on the Monday before the weekend’s race.
Do I have to go to race briefing? Yes. Race briefing is mandatory and occurs at the race village 15 minutes before race start. It is essential that you get a full report on the course (and any potential changes), safety requirements and to ensure everyone starts the race from the same location.
Can I shuttle between stages? No. Anyone caught doing so will be automatically disqualified.
I missed registration! We can accept late registration online and on the day plus a $15 surcharge. Places are limited and may not be possible if the event is sold out.
Can I get a refund? From the Monday at 9am before the race weekend, refunds, transfers to other competitors or credits are not possible. Before Monday 9am, yes, we can offer a full refund minus 10% administration fees.