Sunday, 12th July 2020
Sat, 4th – 11am – 2pm
Early Birds (Whippets / Welcome Women 8am)
Staggered start from 8am
Presentation follow each category. Time to be confirmed.
Premium Entry Closes...
Late Entry Closes...
Premium Entries close Tuesday at midnight before race weekend. This gives us time to print custom raceplates and gives caterers time to organise food options.
Late Entries close Friday at 9pm before race weekend and attract a $15 late fee. Competitors cannot expect a custom raceplate and cannot expect food options to be accommodated for, but we’ll try our best!
MT BROWN, YORK
“Get some York on ya Fork” hit the Enduro scene in 2018 with a bang, being a part of the MTBA National Gravity Enduro Series. Mt Brown offers a plenty of raw trails and an attractive main feature being a ‘quarry-gap’ which draws the crowd. The main trail head offers riders (and spectators) panoramic views of the York townsite and neighbouring farmlands which is always a spectacle. Riders can enjoy an easy road climb, short pushup and well connected firetracks leading to the top carpark.
With resounding confirmation for the 2019 post-event survey, the race village will be situated in the picnic area towards the top of Mt Brown ensuring competitors and spectators have plenty of facilities nearby on offer. Once again, the main road (Pioneer Road) will be closed above the picnic area for the safety of all.
FULLFACE HELMET MANDATORY. See Rules and Regulations for further details.
- ENTRIES LIMITED TO 400 AND MAY SELL OUT PRIOR TO TIMERS EXPIRING.
- DURING LATE REGISTRATION PERIOD, A $15 LATE FEE APPLIES AND LUNCH NOT CATERED FOR.
- AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT AND REGISTER EARLY!
- NEW COMPETITORS TO THE SERIES CAN COLLECT RACEPLATE AT MORNING CHECK-IN
- PLEASE BRING YOUR RACEPLATE IF YOU ARE A RETURNING COMPETITOR TO THE 2020 SERIES.
Points Multiplier – 1.0x
Based on course gradings and comments by riders, this points multiplier applies. Points multipliers are favoured towards more typical Enduro-style venues. For more information about Points Multipliers, read more.
Technical Ability – Advanced
Physical Rating – 1
This is the approximate difficulty in technical ability and physicality for competitors racing the Full Enduro Course. For more information about course grading, read more.
WAGE WHIPPETS AND WELCOME WOMEN
Our U9, U13 and Welcome Women riders will be setting the pace early with their racing to commence before the main field(s). If you are getting in some last minute practice, MAIN FIELD COMPETITORS MUST GIVE WAY TO THESE EARLY BIRD RACERS. Failure to do so may result in injuries and a 5 minute time penalty will apply to Main Event competitors. Presentations will follow as soon as possible. Early Bird’s light lunch is also provided when ready/where available.
Latest Event Information
24-03-2020 EVENT POSTPONED TO 12TH JULY 2020.
19-03-2020 EVENT STILL PROPOSED TO CONTINUE.
NOTE: HEALTH RISK OF COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS). THERE IS A RISK THIS VIRUS MAY POSE TO ALL ATTENDEES. ALL EVENT PERSONEL, COMPETITORS, SPECTATORS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC MUST WORK TOGETHER TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION NOTED BELOW. THE EVENT ORGANISER (WA GRAVITY ENDURO) IS TAKING ALL APPROPRIATE MEASURES TO CONTINUE WITH THE EVENT AT THIS TIME FOLLOWING STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADVICE, WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE SHIRE OF YORK AND THE CONFIRMED ATTENDANCE OF ST JOHN AMBULANCE.
WA Gravity Enduro are implementing a number of measures to further protect attendees and event personnel from contracting any virus. As per the Federal Government restrictions, outdoor events less than 500 people are of low risk. However, essential hygiene is very important. Our processes to mitigate virus transfer include:
- race village size may be limited to 100 people at any single time. Maintain a 1.5m buffer from all people at all time wherever possible.
- categories will be split (as per normal) to reduce queue times and to limit the number of people in the area at any given time
- presentations may be postponed (depends on size of event) or limited to only the category winners and immediate family
- full race briefing will be done online with a short briefing before the category races
- A hand wash station will be made readily available. All on-site toilets (as hired through Coates Hire) have hand-wash basins inside.
- Race timing: Head Time Keeper will place your timing chip on counter for competitor to collect. Competitor must download their own timing chip, clean timing chip in front of Time Keeper and place in box.
- Anyone who is unwell at anytime MUST NOT attend. Any competitor who is unwell is permitted a refund or transfer to another round.
- There will be no food option or coffee van available for this event.
- Additional rule of entry: if you have a pre-existing health condition or develop flu-like symptoms at anytime, do not attend and we will transfer your entry to another round
- Additional rule of entry: please only fist tap or elbow tap. No hugging or kissing each other upon arrival
- Additional rule of entry: if you come in contact with anyone who has been out of Australia 14 days prior to the event, please do not attend.
- Additional rule of entry: no spitting and maintain excellent hygiene at all times. Always wash hands. Always cover a cough or sneeze into your arm.
- Additional rule of entry: maintain 1.5m buffer from all other people at all time wherever possible.
- Additional rule of entry: do not touch any other person.
IT IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY TO ADHERE TO THE ABOVE INFORMATION. FAILURE TO DO SO IS EVICTION FROM EVENT AND POSSIBLE BAN, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANISER.
09/12/2019 Event added. Registrations open soon!
09/12/2019 Course Map here when ready
Gravity Enduro Mountain Bike Race
Multi-stage race. Timed descents and untimed climbs
Sign-posted and bunted course
Don’t cheat yourself or your mates – stay on track
St John Ambulance on-site
Professional Medical Assistance available
Portable or connected nearby
Great atmosphere, questions answered and supplies
Volunteers and Fund Raising
Perks for vollies and funds donated to the trails
Gift Vouchers and Prizes
Heaps of prizes ready to be won for all
Elite Prize Money
Cold hard cash for the cream-of-the-crop
Professional Race Timing
We use the best Enduro World Series system
Hydration and Sustenance
Free water and free light meal with Prem. Registration
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter? Easy. Just click on the ‘ENTER NOW’ button located throughtout the website. This will take you to your registration portal. If you are new to the registration portal, a one-time profile will need to be filled out. Returning competitors simply enter their email address, select their event and arrive at the Race Village on race-day to collect your timing chip and raceplate.
How much does it cost? We strive to keep our entry fees as affordable as possible. Entry fees vary based on your category and start from only $29 for the Under 13’s. Insurance selection and location can slightly vary the price, but we try to stay as consistent as possible.
Where is the course map? Gravity Enduro is about the excitement of racing a course with little to no knowledge of the course. This helps create a more level playing field and better tests your mountain biking skills. We usually release the course map on the Monday before the weekend’s race.
Do I have to go to race briefing? Yes. Race briefing is mandatory and occurs at the race village 15 minutes before race start. It is essential that you get a full report on the course (and any potential changes), safety requirements and to ensure everyone starts the race from the same location.
Can I shuttle between stages? No. Anyone caught doing so will be automatically disqualified.
I missed registration! We can accept late registration online and on the day plus a $15 surcharge. Places are limited and may not be possible if the event is sold out.
Can I get a refund? From the Monday at 9am before the race weekend, refunds, transfers to other competitors or credits are not possible. Before Monday 9am, yes, we can offer a full refund minus 10% administration fees.