The larger Geraldton area is relatively flat so this rocky outcrop will have you seeing for miles around. What might lack in descending time is made up on technical rocky sections reminisce of York. A good network of single track will give competitors easy transitions into several descending trails across a tight area which will also give spectator ample viewing opportunities.
Technical Ability – Intermediate
Physical Rating – 2
This is the approximate Course Grade for the most difficult category (Full Enduro)
More information about Course Grading.
The Club has been extremely welcoming and wish to permit free entry for daily spectators and very affordable accommodation. We ask that you repay the hospitality by making a purchase at their on-site Clubhouse where they will be organising breakfast, lunch and dinners for competitors, plus a licensed area.
There are 40 powered sites and camping areas as far as the eye can see!
Please book accommodation using the link below.
There is ample parking available on-site. Please take extra caution on Yanget Road as it is unsealed and is known to be challenging to drive on in wet and dry conditions – take it slow!
Spectators are welcome to walk up the side of trails but please ensure you are behind course bunting at all times and at least 2m off the trail when riders are descending. Look for Spectator points indicated on the Course Map for viewing opportunities. Always be aware of snakes and kangaroos, bring adequate hydration and wear good walking shoes. Please avoid making shortcuts through the bush and walk on the side of the trails where it is safe to do so.
The bush is alive! Please do not trample vegetation and be aware of snakes and other wildlife.
Shuttles (assisted hill climbs)
No shuttles operating and no private shuttles are permitted at any time. At no time during Sunday racing can another competitor or spectator assist another competitor by way of pushing or towing. When caught, the competitor will be disqualified.
Categories and Pricing
We have a MASSIVE 26 categories available to ensure there is fun and competitive racing for all.
Pricing is generally the same all year, except some events offer shuttling options or food options (if available). Pricing generally ranges from $35 (inc GST) for the juniors to $80 (inc GST) for 19+.
Head to our Entryboss Entry Platform to see categories and final costs.
Where some of your entry fees go:
Event License Fees to Auscycling for an insured and sanctioned event
- Event License Fees to Local Governments
$5 donation to trail custodians
$1 from every competitor is added to our Enduro Pathway Program
$750 in cash prizes for our Men and Women Full Enduro 19+ competitors
$2,500 in WA Gravity Enduro gift vouchers to be won for podium placers, medals and trophies plus other delicious prizes
Certificates for our Whippet Competitors
Bunted and signposted course which typically takes several days to setup and cleanup
Sustenance and sweeteners for our amazing course marshals
- Specialist paid positions ensuring consistency and professionalism in timing and event coordination
- Official COVID Marshal ensuring our events are as COVID Safe as possible
St John Medical Services during practise and racing
Hire costs associated with toilets and water stations
Investment and use of the best Enduro Timing System in the world.
Echidna Park, Geraldton
Latest Event Updates
02/May/2022 – Event Page Live
30/May/2022 – Accommodation Option now added to website
ECHIDNA PARK CAMPGROUND AND RIDING INFORMATION
Echidna Park is the home of the Echidna Park Sporting Clays Inc shooting club who have kindly permitted us to use hand-built mountain bike trails on their property thanks to the Happy Echidna MTB Park (Hemp).
Please note some important CAMPGROUND information for this unique event:
- The Clubhouse has an excellent food service area and will be offering Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner options for purchase, plus Sunday breakfast and lunch options. Menu will be available soon and we ask you pre-purchase meals to avoid wastage, ensure you are secured your meals and ensures the Club is profitable.
- The Clubhouse has organised an Occasional Liquor license for the event and we welcome you to enjoy beverages responsibly whilst supporting the Club .
- The Clubhouse has existing 4 x toilets and 2 x showers. We are organising additional toilets and showers for the campground but if you do have a portable shower system, we recommend bringing it due to limited shower hire availability.
- There are some powered and unpowered caravan sites and there are no grey-water drainage points. We ask that if you do need to drain grey-water, its done on the ground in a limited manner.
- Dogs are permitted but must be friendly and MUST be on a lead at all times. Always clean up after your dog.
- There is plenty of space for accommodation and you are welcome to setup in more remote parts of the area staying off access roads and respecting the natural environment.
- DRIVE SLOWLY. There will be children and swags and campers throughout the area.
- Drive carefully on Yanget Road. It is unsealed and is known for a few accidents in wet and dry conditions.
- DO NOT LITTER. Please take all rubbish with you or place in the bins provided.
- Guests are permitted to arrive on Friday 1st July but no earlier. Guests are permitted to stay Sunday night for no additional charge but must leave Monday by 12pm.
- Small campfires are permitted but please bring your own firewood
Please note some important RIDING information for this unique event:
- Guests are permitted to walk the trails on Friday but absolutely no riding is permitted. Riding trails on Friday will be disqualification.
- ONLY COMPETITORS AND SHADOW RIDERS WITH AUSCYCLING INSURANCE ARE PERMITTED ON THE TRAILS.
- Shadow riders must have a green shadow raceplate on your bike on Saturday (if not a competitor) and Sunday (while Shadowing).
- You must have your raceplate on your bike at all events on both Saturday and Sunday.
- You must wear your fullface helmet when on the trails on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Shuttling is not permitted.
24/Jun/2022 – Checkout this video showing some the entrance road and camping areas https://youtu.be/vt3NkjdnMYg
29/Jun/2022 – Competitor Start List now available here
We aim to give you the Best Enduro Experience possible and work hard to provide the Best Value Event for your Money.
Time required to bring together all facets of the Event.
Facebook advertising, video reels and highlights, maps, website design, signage, Instagram feeds, YouTube clips take time and fees.
Sign-posted and Bunted Course
Arriving early to setup the course. This usually involves multiple people over hours or days ensuring bunting, signage and timing equipment are in place for easy navigation and fair racing.
Event Health Services
Your Entry Fee covers St John Ambulance Services being on-site for both Saturday and Sunday. We typically employ 4 x Technicians and engage with St John months in advance
Typically, our Events exceed the venue existing facilities. Regional Services are engaged months in advance to deliver toilets. Hire costs continue to grow as Waste Management Fees continue to increase.
It takes time to design the Race Village to enable our awesome Sponsors to arrive and setup in suitable locations to suite their needs. Careful attention to Parking, Pedestrians and Riders is needed for the safe and accessible movement of all attendees and event crew.
Applications and Insurances
Typically, several Stakeholders need to be engaged months in advance of any Event. We liaise with Local Governments, State Departments, Auscycling, Local Residents and Trail Custodians to act in the best interests of all parties while balancing a safe and exciting experience for our Community. Fees are required for Insurance and Event Applications.
Prizes, Gift Vouchers, Subsidies
At every Series round, we move $1 of your Entry Fee into our Enduro Pathway Program, donate $5 of your Entry Fee to Public Trails, offer more than $2,500 in Event Gift Vouchers to podium winners and offer $750 to our Elite Men and Women winners. We offer free entries to our Marshals, pay for professional services including multiple Photographers and Videographers and assist with fuel, food and accommodation costs for our Crew.
World's Best Timing System
Our Timing System is considered the World’s Best as used at the Enduro World Series. Yearly licensing, hardware and software upgrades are continuous. Additionally, we send our timing bands back to Germany as required for battery replacements at considerable expense.
Once the essential Event costs are accounted for, we continue to research new ways to improve Results, Live Broadcasts, Mobile Phone Apps, data presentation, website development, manage existing equipment and improve our systems with the aim for a better experience for Competitors, Spectators and our Crew.