Linga Longa Bike Park – Balingup
Chain Reaction Cycles WA Gravity Enduro Series 2016
COMPETITOR START LIST NOW AVAILABLE
If there are any discrepancies, please email email@example.com immediately.
COURSE MAP NOW AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND IS CURRENTLY UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. ANY TRESPASSERS ENTERING THE AREA OUTSIDE FRIDAY 30th SEPTEMBER to SUNDAY 2nd OCTOBER WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW AND DISQUALIFIED FROM THE RACE. UPON REGISTERING FOR THIS RACE, YOU AGREE TO ENTER THE PROPERTY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO MINIMISE RISK TO PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS BUT THIS IS A WORKING FARMLAND WHERE ACCIDENTS DO OCCUR. ALTHOUGH ALL CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN PREPARING THE AREA, WA GRAVITY ENDURO, ANY EVENT ORGANISER, MARSHAL, VOLUNTEER, AFFILIATED BODY AND/OR THE PRIVATE LANDOWNER CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE OR LOSS THAT MAY OCCUR OF A REGISTERED PARTICIPANT OR SPECTATOR.
FRIDAY 30th SEPTEMBER
- ‘Light’ practice permitted. Please note that no medical services will be available. NO shuttling at any time.
- Camping Area Open.
SATURDAY 1st OCTOBER
- ‘Light’ practice permitted. Please note that no medical services will be available.NO shuttling at any time.
- ‘Medical Services Arrive
- AFL Grandfinal Showing
- Wippets race briefing at race village
- Shuttles now in progress.
- If you are practicing on course, rolling stage closures may occur to ensure the safety of the Wippets.
- Approximate time for Wippet Presentations
- Approximate time for WAGE Series Video Showcase
SUNDAY 2nd OCTOBER
- Race village open for raceplate and wristband collection
- ‘Light’ practice permitted. DO NOT tag any timing modules that may be in place.
- Short race briefing for non-shuttling competitors
- Main Event Mandatory Race Briefing
- Race Start / shuttle bay open
- Course closed
- Presentations (approx)
- FULL FACE HELMETS COMPULSORY FOR SUNDAY’S RACE
- Camping checks will occur.
- Small camp fires permitted in designated areas.
- Camp in designated area only.
- Areas are designated for your safety.
- Toilets available.
- Drinking water available.
- No showers, but a big dam!
- Floodlights in area.
- Wildlife (inc. snakes, spiders etc) can be present in the area.
Linga Longa Bike Park is still fresh in our minds from 2015 and for good reason… camping, shuttles and perhaps the most perfectly sculptured gravity enduro trails in Western Australia… or Australia? With jaw-dropping views, camping, a huge dam and easy access, Linga Longa Bike Park is gearing up to be one of the most popular mountain biking destinations in Western Australia!
NOTE: Linga Longa Bike Park is on PRIVATE PROPERTY. Trespassers will be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Do not trespass for legal reasons and because it jeopardises any potential future mountain bike event.
Competitors hosted since 2015
Gravity Enduro Mountain Bike Race
Descents are timed – climbs are untimed
Sign-posted and bunted
St John Ambulance on-site
Pumping race village atmosphere
Chain Reaction Cycles gift vouchers
Cold hard cash for Elite
Food for competitors
Free hydration at the race village
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the course map?
Do I have to go to race briefing?
Are shuttles permitted?
How does the timing system work?
You are given a wrist band that you must wear on your right wrist. You will see a ‘timing box’ at the start gate and finish gate of each stage. ‘Tag-on’ and ‘tag-off’ at these timing boxes using your wrist band – similar to the Transperth Train service tagging system. Your tag records and stores the time on each timing box. We collect these up at the conclusion of the race and run it through our custom software to generate your race times.
To ensure no additional fees, return your wristband after the race. Lost wristbands will incur a $15 fee.
Can I get a refund or transfer an entry?
Less than 7 days from event – no. Refunds or transfers to other competitors or other races are not possible. Injury with a doctors note will be considered. We have booked in all necessary equipment based on your race entry at this stage.
More than 7 days from event – yes. We will refund your entry (minus 10% administration fees and charges).